nv-l

Netview Y2K and routers

1999-10-03 14:54:18
Subject: Netview Y2K and routers
From: Marcos Pezzutti <pezzutti AT BANESPA.COM DOT BR>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 15:54:18 -0300
Dear Netviewers

This question could look strange but it isn4t to me:
What the SNMP attributes could be affected by a date incompatibility ???
My scenario:
We have some Cisco and 3Com routers which O.S. is not Y2K compliance. Both
representative Cisco and 3Com say that this problem  will only affect the
SNMP Management. I4ve tested this routers with their dates before 2000 and
the management system still work fine. How can I find the Y2K compliancement
problem between routers and Netview ???

TIA

Marcos Antonio Pezzutti Filho
Analista de Sistemas