nv-l

tecad_nv6k dies on NV for NT 5.1.2

1999-10-03 08:56:00
Subject: tecad_nv6k dies on NV for NT 5.1.2
From: Brandon Mitchell <bmitch AT SURFREE DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 08:56:00 -0400
I've been having a stability problem that I'm hoping someone can help me
with.  The problem is that after a few traps are received from a device we
are testing, tecad_nv6k gets stuck in a loop, using all the cpu time of
one cpu.  This will lock up NetView, giving clients an error message about
a disconnection from the NetView server.  This setup is also on the TMR
server, so we are using the tecad_nv6k_tme, but I suppose I should try
the other version first thing in the morning.

Please CC me since I'm receiving the digest.

Any ideas?
Brandon

ESM Consultant
SRA International