nv-l

Re: Parsing $NVATTR_x

1999-09-24 00:08:00
Subject: Re: Parsing $NVATTR_x
From: Ray Schafer <schafer AT tkg DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 00:08:00 -0400
"Waddle, Duane" wrote:

> I *think* you could do something similar to this ugly hack:
>
> echo $NVATTR_1 | awk '{print $1,$2,$3}'
>
> I've done this with other multi-word environment variables, but not
> explictly with NVATTR.

That would work.  The Korn Shell  has something you could take advantage of
as well (no outside commands need to be forked off)

set -A ATTR $NVATTR_1
This creates an array called ATTR.  The number of elements in the array is
listed by:
print ${#ATTR[*]}
the first word is listed by:
print ${ATTR[0]}
the second by:
print ${ATTR[1]}
etc.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer AT tkg DOT com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management