nv-l

Antwort: AW: Default gateway

1999-09-06 05:28:38
Subject: Antwort: AW: Default gateway
From: Swen Jedlicka <Swen.Jedlicka AT NBG DOT NET>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 11:28:38 +0200

Hello,

In the past we had the same problem,

Now we are using two IBM2210 router. One router is our default gateway. The
second one is a backup router.
Between this two routers, there is a protocol called VRRP, which is
responsible for switch the IP addresses
between default gateway and backup router.

p.e., if the default gateway dies, the backup router gets the adresse from
the failing default router and is now
working as default gateway.

All you have to do  is to ping your default gateway every xxx minutes. If
you can't reach this gateway you must
clear the arp cache on your AIX machine. After that, you're using the
backup router as your default gateway.

For more informations on VRRP see RFC 2338

Sorry for my bad english.

Sincerely

Swen Jedlicka

Schiffinger Ralph 2100 <Ralph.Schiffinger AT ERSTEBANK DOT AT> am 06.09.99
07:00:29 GMT

Bitte antworten an Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on
      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>