nv-l

Re: Netview Service Point...

1999-08-30 14:49:18
Subject: Re: Netview Service Point...
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens AT EASTMAN DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:49:18 -0400
We use this product. It's purpose is to provide exchange of information
between NetView for AIX and NetView on a mainframe system (MVS, VM, etc.).
Using service point you may send alerts to mainframe NetView which will be
in the format of MSUs (i.e. - NPDA alerts) or you can issue commands from
the mainframe NetView system to NetView for AIX using RUNCMD. If you don't
have a serious need for such an exchange you don't want it :-))

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Phone - (423)-229-3579
Fax - (423)-229-1188