nv-l

Trap #58982401 - MismtchLLAddr - Node Configuration

1999-08-29 17:46:56
Subject: Trap #58982401 - MismtchLLAddr - Node Configuration
From: LC <lchance AT BLAZENET DOT NET>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 16:46:56 -0500
[ NetView for NT ]

Reference: Trap #58982401 - MismtchLLAddr - Node Configuration

I'm having this particular trap a lot on my network.  I need to know why it
occurs only when the device (object) is powered off.  The description makes
no sense because the device (object) is off-line/powered off.  The trap is
received long after the device has been powered off and gone down.

NETVIEWSERVER is my NT server running NetView and NAMEDNODE just
used to illustrate a node's netbios name.

The trap description is:
NETVIEWSERVER reported different Link Address than obtained from NAMEDNODE
by SNMP.

The enterprise is NetView, the source is Netmon-Related, the severity is
Warning,
and the Category is Node Configuration.

It happens with nodes set to either communities:'public' and/or 'private' .

Another strange thing is the time between these particular traps.  It varies
from 20 and 30 minutes on occasion,
to 60 minutes on others.

If all nodes are powered on, then this trap never happens and all is well.

Thanks,

Larry