nv-l

default map + map updating

1999-08-19 09:29:13
Subject: default map + map updating
From: Mikael Dalsgard <mdalsgar AT sdata DOT no>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:29:13 +0200
Hi all!

I've been asking a lot of questions to this forum, but it have provided me with
fast and accurate responses on subjects we've not been able to solve using the
usual meens (manuals, FAQ's etc). So I hope you'll bear with me when I try yet
again.

1)
We have noticed that the client maps are not updated when the maps on the
server
has been changed. To see the changes the client map has to be closed and
re-opened. This is a serious drawback, since we are going to install a client
on
another location and they must be able to see the changes we (or the daemons)
are making without the need for us to call them each and every time.

The clients are all installed using NFS-mounted maps, so they all use the same
source. Is it possible from the server side to initiate a map refresh on all
the
clients ?

2)
The clients are not able to change the default map. When opening a map from the
menu in NetView, clicking on the button labeled 'Set user default' yields the
result : "Unable to set user default map. Unable to open the database".

Our only solution this far is - on the server - to delete the original map
named
'default' and then rename our main map to 'default'. But there must be another
way ?

The mount is r/w, and the permissions on the /usr/OV/servers/<server>/databases
directory and files are all rw for all.

The server and clients are all running NetView 5.1.1 on Solaris 2.6 or 7.

Hope some of yoy may guide me in the right direction for these ones! Please ask
if more info is needed!

--

Mikael Dalsgard
    ___ ___