nv-l

HIGHLIGHT function not working...

1999-08-17 10:25:11
Subject: HIGHLIGHT function not working...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 07:25:11 PDT
Hello All.

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem...

I have one Netview 5.1.1 Server, using an /etc/hosts file for name
resolution.

I have 6 Netview 5.1.1 Clients using DNS for name resolution.

>From the AIX 4.2.1 command line (the OS for the Server and all Clients) the
name resolution works fine, on both the Server and Clients.

When I receive events in my Events Display, the Client machines cannot use
the HIGHLIGHT function to open a submap to view the node generating the
event. However, the Server can, no problem. It is just all of the 6 Clients
that cannot! This is consistent across all events. Also, the events that
come in, are resolved into hostnames, just like they should be.

Anyone ever experienced this problem before??

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels.