nv-l

NetView and ATM Performance

1999-08-16 17:17:47
Subject: NetView and ATM Performance
From: Chris England <chrisengland AT hotmail DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 22:17:47 +0100
Hi there,

Has anybody out there created performance monitors for ATM with NetView or
Nways ?

I have explored the standard MIB II only to find it cannot help and have found
numerous other MIBs for ATM, such as:

- ATM forum PNNI MIB
- MIB II 1.1, 1.2
- MIB II Evolution
- IETF AtoM MIB
- ATM Supplemental MIB AtoM MIB-ATM2
- PNNI MIB
- ILMI MIB
- IBM Hub Specific MIB Extensions
- IBM Signalling Extensions
- IBM PVC Management MIB Extensions
- ATM Forum LAN Emulation Client MIB
- WAN MIB: E1/T1
- WAN MIB: E3/DS3
- WAN MIB: Sonet

Does anybody have experience with any of these to point me to some useful areas
for measurement.

The equipment being used is IBM 8265, 8260, 8224, 8285, 8210 (MSS).

Does anybody know if Nways Manager for ATM (or the older Nways Campus Manager
for ATM) has these MIB monitors defined ?

Thanks for any advice in advance,
Regards, Chris.

Chris England
Senior Technical Consultant