nv-l

Re: Netview AUto-Discovery for DHCP devices

1999-08-13 14:40:10
Subject: Re: Netview AUto-Discovery for DHCP devices
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:40:10 -0400
The speed node discovery option does what it says in the man page for netmon.
The pingspray function for Netview for NT just plain pings addresses. I am not
enough of a network person to explain it further. But I do know that I always
enable -J, and I still have to put the addresses of things in the seedfile if I
want it
to discover things in a hurry.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on 08/13/99

Karin Binder <karin.binder AT NWA DOT COM> on 08/13/99 11:03:20 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>