nv-l

Re: port in use

1999-08-12 10:14:14
Subject: Re: port in use
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens AT EASTMAN DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:14:14 -0400
Hello Peter, don't know if this is your problem or not but Solaris 2.6
starts its own implementation of SNMP by default - the daemon is snmpdx. If
this is your problem it should show up in a 'ps -ef | grep snmp' list - kill
it. To keep it from starting on reboot rename the S76snmpdx and K76snmpdx
files to BS76cnmpdx and BK76snmpdx respectively in the appropriate
/etc/rc?.d directories (see /etc/init.d/README).

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Phone - (423)-229-3579
Fax - (423)-229-1188