nv-l

Re: Netview Ciscoworks2000 and Compaq Insight Manager on AIX

1999-08-12 09:45:42
Subject: Re: Netview Ciscoworks2000 and Compaq Insight Manager on AIX
From: Art DeBuigny <debuigny AT DALLAS DOT NET>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 08:45:42 -0500
First, the advantages - With both tools you get icon changes and additional
fields for your database, as well as some mib applications with the Compaq
Insight Manager.

Second, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe the MLM cares whether
you have the MIB installed at the MLM level.  Technically, nobody needs a
mib if they are smart enough to remember what all those little numbers mean.

I think if you just install it on the server, it will interpret all messages
from the MLM.

Art DeBuigny
Bank of America Network Operations
debuigny AT dallas DOT net