nv-l

Re: Problem for represent meaningful information in action box of

1999-08-11 02:07:18
Subject: Re: Problem for represent meaningful information in action box of
From: "Sin Wai Yee, Maggie" <mwysin AT KCRC DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 14:07:18 +0800
Your suggest I have done already. I have double-checked my mib files.

by using mib2trap <...mib_files > , a shell script have been generated.
Therefore all of my traps have been ready.

 incoming events ---> trapd ------>nvcorrd ( rulesets ) ------>actionsvr (
action box ) --------> our mail box ( Output 1)

                                      trapd.log ( Output 2)

        Here is the Output get from my mail box ( output 1)
         09:29:49 AM 09 Aug Device1 3 3 2 7 A
at least Module Down should be displayed

        Here is the Output get from trapd.log ( output 2)
         09:32:36 AM 09 Aug Device1 IBM 8250 - Module 4 Down

        Why I always talk about the ovAPI ? I think it may have some trick
between the path of trapd and trapd.log. It may call some Netview SNMP API
within the procedure. Therefore, I want to have more information on Netview
SNMP API to evaulate whether it can solve my problem or not.

        Thanks