nv-l

Re: BADOIDs

1999-08-10 11:39:48
Subject: Re: BADOIDs
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles AT INTEL DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 08:39:48 -0700
Larry,
1)  Know the OID of the device you want to add.
2)  Edit the oid_to_type file.
3)  Pick an entry close to what you think you'd like
(example)
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.46:cisco Systems:Cisco 7500:G
4)  Change the oid
1.3.6.1.4.1.111.1.46:Nabisco Systems:Nabisco 2000:G
(save and exit)

This should now identify the device as a gateway.

5)  Goto oid_to_sym
6)  Add entry for oid
1.3.6.1.4.1.111.1.46:Connector:Gateway    # Nabisco 2000
(save and exit)

This should identify the device on the map as a gateway.

Delete & re-discover the object.  This should get you started.

Now if you want to add your own symbols for your gateway...
You'll have to go to the symbol directory, edit the "Connector"
file, point to your own bitmaps (which you've created), and
re-compile the bitmaps.  Luckily though, this last paragraph
isn't necessary if you're just defining it as a standard gateway.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gary Boyles