nv-l

port in use

1999-08-09 12:18:37
Subject: port in use
From: Peter Hadamovsky <Peter.Hadamovsky AT DEBIS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 17:18:37 +0100
Hi folks,

A wee problem with a Solaris 2.6 machine - on this machine running TMR
server, Oracle 7.3.2 and TEC (3.6.1).

Whenn installing Netview 5.1 on this machine (Framework Patch installed
recently) - there are no daemons started - looking at the output files
in /tmp there's the one that makes me really upset:
NVPortsInUse says:

WARNING: Automatic configuration has been bypassed.
                    The following TME 10 NetView ports are in use:
                        162/udp

                    FIRST, stop all applications that use these ports.
                    THEN, configure TME 10 NetView by running:
                        /usr/OV/install/toools/run_customize

Funny but true, a netstat -a | grep 162 says:

not even IDLE!!!

Has anybody a hint for me - what's wrong, or is there something
missing??

Any help is most welcome and wanted - a reboot of the machine didn't
change a single thing!!

Thanks a lot!

Peter

 mailto:Peter.Hadamovsky AT debis DOT com
 GSS GmbH
 Office: Fasanenweg 9 70771 Leinfelden-Echterdingen
 Phone/Fax: +49 711 972  -3525   /  -1930
 Mobile: +49 171 6943 156