nv-l

Re: web interface

1999-08-06 16:45:56
Subject: Re: web interface
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 16:45:56 -0400
Notes below...

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark

Hello All.

We are thinking about implementing the Web Interface capability throughout
our organization. I have a couple of questions about the capabilities of the
Netview 5.1.1 Web Interface...

1. If someone using the Web Interface moves an object to another part of the
map. i.e. drag and drop to another place on the same map, does this change
of position show up on the Netview Client or Server GUI.
===> No.

2. Is there anyway to "Locate" an object while using the Web Interface?
Something similar to the "Locate" feature on the Client/Server GUI??
===> No.

3. Is there anyway to "zoom" into a section of the map??
===> No.

4. Also, from what I understand, the web group does not have Security
Registration files, so I cannot customize a Web users capabilities
whatsoever, correct??
===> Yes. But there is nothing I can think of that they can do to get
===> into trouble. The web client does not use the snmp configuration
===> of the server, so you cannot even do an snmp set without entering
===> the write community string. Oh - one big thing - they CAN acknowlege
===> anything they want, and it takes effect on the r/w map on the server.

Any help/info appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gord.