nv-l

Re: NetView Trap #58982415

1999-08-06 15:47:50
Subject: Re: NetView Trap #58982415
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 15:47:50 -0400
I don't see this trap in trapd.conf in NT either.

But NetView traps are a special case to trapd.  He will give a special default
format to those whether they are in trapd.conf or not.   That's probably how it
was missed.

Looks like the NT developers overlooked this one.   But you can use  the "New"
button in NT and add it if you like and then you can customize how it displays.

But Larry, you still have a problem to fix.  This trap means that some nodes are
not going on the maps because there is another one with that same address in
your network.  Sorry I cannot tell you how to fix WINS.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Chance, Larry" <lchance AT SFBCIC DOT COM> on 08/06/99 03:33:07 PM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>