nv-l

Re: changing map permissions...

1999-08-04 13:19:20
Subject: Re: changing map permissions...
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 13:19:20 -0400
Well, I will hedge a bit when it comes to security enablement, but
I don't believe SrAdmin will be allowed to do anything that the
underlying unix permissions won't allow it to do, at least without
prompting for a password to do an su. Try it. And no, you don't have
to close the map to change the permissions.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark

Thanks for the response Leslie.

So, when I change the permissions to 644, then is it true to say that I must
be logged in as root to open the map as readWrite? I mean, presently, I log
in as another user, not root,(in AIX) and then as a SrAdmin user in Netview.
So, if I do this after changing the permissions to 644, I will not be able
to open the readWrite map, correct?

Also, I do not have to close all the default maps before I do this?

Sincerely,

Gord.