nv-l

Re: HSRP Address Discovery

1999-08-04 13:14:16
Subject: Re: HSRP Address Discovery
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott AT WESTGROUP DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 12:14:16 -0500
Well, I have done just as you state below for rediscovery, but the HSRP
addresses are never discovered at all.  I'm sure the problem is during the
process of "in the course of examining the interface tables for the nodes it
will come upon the hsrp interface on whichever node it happens to be on at
that time".  HSRP address are not in the "ip" SNMP table, so what MIB table
does NV look for these during discovery?  I am trying to determine if the
HSRP info. is not in the MIB on the remote agent or it is in the MIB and NV
is not recognizing the data and doing correct discovery of these HSRP
addresses?  Perhaps someone from direct NV support can address this
question?  I am waiting from Tivoli support on a PMR for this issue, but
they have been very slow in responding.  Thanks,

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive
St. Paul, MN  55123