nv-l

changing map permissions...

1999-08-04 11:47:35
Subject: changing map permissions...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 08:47:35 PDT
Hello All.

I have been trying to change my default map permissions to...

-rwxr-xr-x  root  system  default

from -rw-rw-rw-  root  system  default

...so only root user can open the default map in R/W , all the other users
will get the map in R/O.

I try this using the smitty nv6000 --> configure --> Change Maps
owner/group/mode menu option.

However, it does not seem to work, instead it changes the map permissions on
the other map I have. I specify the default map and the new permissions, but
nothing else in the input fields because that is all I want to change.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have the default map currenly open, do
I need to shut down all the instances of the default map on the Netview
Server before I can do this??

Any help appreciated.

Gord.