nv-l

Re: Netview/SNMP

1999-06-30 07:55:08
Subject: Re: Netview/SNMP
From: "Todd E. Lewis" <telewis AT PROVBANK DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 07:55:08 -0400
Ok, now that I know I can foward traps from netview to TEC using the baroc
files I should be ok.

>>> Jane Curry <jane.curry AT SKILLS-1ST.CO DOT UK> 06/28 7:04 AM >>>
DON'T install the tecad_snmp adapter on your NetView machine (or any
other network manager machine).  As James says, the tecad_snmp adapter
is a standalone, basic SNMP manager.  That means it will listen for
traps from the network on port UDP/162.  If you have both NetView and
the tecad_snmp adapter setup to start on a machine reboot (which is the
default), there will be a fight over who gets port UDP/162 and the first
one wins - usually teacd_snmp and then many of your NetView daemons will
fail to come up!

Cheers,
Jane
--