nv-l

Re: NetviewWebServer daemon and OVs_NON_WELL_BEHAVED...

1999-06-30 02:07:53
Subject: Re: NetviewWebServer daemon and OVs_NON_WELL_BEHAVED...
From: Vladimir Petr <petr AT DATASYS DOT CZ>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:07:53 +0200
Gord,
the number of httpd processes is set in the /usr/OV/web/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
under the
parameter
StartServers.
Also, look at MinSpareServers, MaxSpareServers, MaxClients that relate to the
number of
processes. What these parameters mean is explained in the file.

As to "OVs_NON_WELL_BEHAVED". It's nothing bad with this. It means that the
process under
consideration is not fully integrated with ovspmd. He is started by ovspmd
becoming his
child and then goes into the background. ovspmd can then just kill it. There is
no
communication through API between the child and ovspmd (unlike
"OVs_WELL_BEHAVED"
processes that  communicate with ovspmd through OVsPMD_API). You will read more
in the
Administrator's Guide and Reference.

Best regards,
Vladimir.