nv-l

Re: Web Server and Maximun number of Processes allowed per User...

1999-06-29 12:55:12
Subject: Re: Web Server and Maximun number of Processes allowed per User...
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:55:12 -0400
The limit is just that -- an attempt by UNIX to impose an upper boundary on
someone or something to keep it from taking over the system.  Any limit will do
so long as it is high enough to prevent the NetView from having a problem
spawning other processes to do you bidding.  I don't see a problem with 500.
Many people run unlimited.

But I cannot begin to tell you how the web server works so I am not at all clear
on what problem you are trying to solve.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Gord Michaels <gord_michaels AT HOTMAIL DOT COM> on 06/29/99 08:27:54 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>