nv-l

Re: Integration between Optivity and NetView

1999-06-28 12:31:51
Subject: Re: Integration between Optivity and NetView
From: David Easter <deaster AT NORTELNETWORKS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:31:51 -0400
Hi,

  Both statements are correct:

1. Optivity NMS 9.0 can be loaded on the same machine as the NetView Server
2. When this occurs, we integrate with NetView by doing the following:
  a. providing icons for NetView's discovery process
  b. adding registration/launch points to NMS applications
  c. synchronizing L3 objects from NetView into the NMS database
  d. inserting ourselves into NetView's trap stream

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager - Optivity NMS, Network & IP Services Management Division
Bay Networks/Nortel Networks - How the world shares ideas.

-=-Regarding-=-