nv-l

Re: Netview/SNMP

1999-06-28 09:43:17
Subject: Re: Netview/SNMP
From: YEO Khee Seng <yeoks AT RALEIGH.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 21:43:17 +0800
On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 07:58:36AM -0400, Todd E. Lewis wrote:
> I've got a pmr open, and the tech tells me I should install it on TEC
> to be able to receive traps from our ups's which has a rule base compiled
> on TEC. I'm alittle confused because I've thought all along that the
> Netview server should act as the main snmp manager.

TEC SNMP adapter is targetted at customer that do not have SNMP manager
in place (ie no Netview, Openview, etc).  So for people with no Netview
installed, the UPS traps (as in your example) would have to be forwarded
to the box with the TEC SNMP Adapter.

--
YEO Khee Seng                           yeoks AT raleigh.ibm DOT com
The opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of IBM.