nv-l

Re: AIX Error Log and Trapgend...

1999-06-25 14:03:52
Subject: Re: AIX Error Log and Trapgend...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:03:52 PDT
Thanks Ken.

One more thing, when I add these traps under the netview6000subagent
enterprise, do I have to stop and restart any daemons for the changes to
take effect ??

Gord.

From: "Ken Garst." <KGarst AT GIANTOFMARYLAND DOT COM>
To: NV-L AT UCSBVM.ucsb DOT edu
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:33:57 -0400

No need to convert.  Here's the easy way.

From the Netview GUI, select Options->Event Configuration->Trap
Customization:
SNMP...

When the Event Configuration panel appears, select the Enterprise OID that
correponds to where you want to add the traps, then select "Add".
When the Add Event panel appears, type in the "event name".

Now is the crucial and easy step.  For "Specific Trap Number", enter the
hex
number preceded by "0x" , i.e. 'zero' 'x'.  NetView will automatically
convert
the hex to it its number scheme.

Incidentally, when adding multiple traps under the same OID, after adding
the
first trap, highlight it and select copy, then change the event name and
specific number and anything else.  This may save you much keyboarding.

Regards,
ken
kgarst AT giantofmaryland DOT com