nv-l

Re: Fw: Problems with the Cisco symbols

1999-06-25 12:07:04
Subject: Re: Fw: Problems with the Cisco symbols
From: HVILLEGA <hvillega AT BANCOLOMBIA.COM DOT CO>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:07:04 -0500
Hi Karin: Thanks for your answer.  I did the procedure that you told me, but I
can´t see the Cisco symbols in the web interface yet.  The X interface is
showing the symbols correctly.
When I ran the "ovw -config", there weren´t errors.
Does anybody know what else can I do ?

Best Regards,
Hernan D. Villegas.

Karin Binder <karin.binder AT NWA DOT COM> con fecha 22/06/99 15:27:42

Por favor, responda a karin.binder AT nwa DOT com

Destinatarios: NV-L AT UCSBVM.ucsb DOT edu
CC:      (cci: HVILLEGA/BIC)
Asunto: Fw: Problems with the Cisco symbols

Hernan,

I'm also running AIX 4.3.2, NV5.1.1, CW2000 Essentials and Campus.  I had
problems  opening NetView after applying the CW2000 maintenance upgrade
(ver 2.1/2.3).  It seems some of the device packages were incomplete, and
the missing bitmaps caused problems with the NetView GUI (i.e pop-ups
galore "error during reading background files" and NO symbols on the map).
I'm not sure if it impacted the web access as I was preoccupied with
getting main NetView GUI functioning again.  I'm not sure if you're running
into a similar scenario.  If it is, the following may help.

Identify the failing packages by running 'ovw -config' and grep the output
for "Failed".
You can compare these results to the files in the bitmaps/C directory.  I
found the base file missing for the 1400 and 8540-csm (zero length files in
this directory can also cause problems). The uninstallpkg utility failed
since the major part of the package was missing.  Remove entries for the
failing packages in  /usr/OV/symbols/C/CVTYPE and
/usr/OV/conf/C/oid_to_sym.  Rerun ovw -config (and -fields and -verify for
good measure) - the compilation errors should be resolved.

After doing the above, our map once again opens and with the appropriate
Cisco symbols.  Likewise with the map from the web browser.

Good Luck!

----------
> From: Booker Rosemary <rbooker AT WOOLWORTHS.COM DOT AU>
> To: NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU
> Subject: Re: Problems with the Cisco symbols
> Date: Monday, June 21, 1999 4:22 PM
>
> Hernan
>
> I came across a similar problem a while ago. I think you are missing a
font
> set on your machine. You will need to load this from your AIX
installation
> CD. Unfortunately I can't remember which font set it belonged to. Check
that
> you have loaded all the required font sets that are listed in the Release
> Notes. Anyway I just loaded all the fonts I could find and things seemed
> work fine after that.
>
> The problem you are having is releated to X-Windows, indirectly caused by
> NetView.
>
> Regards,
> Rosemary

Essentials