nv-l

Re: collection editor

1999-06-23 22:37:48
Subject: Re: collection editor
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 22:37:48 -0400
I would make collections based on Agent and IP Hostname.

If Nways Manager is installed, the agents will have been added,
and the oid_to_type file updated so that devices discovered
subsequently will have the vendor and agent fields set - like
IBM 8260, etc. If you don't have Nways, you ought to do this
configuration anyway.

Assuming you have Netview V5, you then use a wildcard or
regular expression for the second criteria. 'Like' so the
tilde (~), and the value would be ^p  for one that starts with p.

This way your collections will be dynamic.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark

Hi there,
What is the best way for building NWAYS collections. If I want to create a 8260
collection, or even 8230 collections, do I need to get into Object list and
specify exact hostnames or can I define a collection rule and attriutes for say
" 8260" 's ????

 The problem that I am having is that I need to seperate collections of all the
NWAYS devices by site. That is all the 8030's in POK and all the 8230's in
Endicott and all the 82xx boxes by site. If I use the SNMP sysDescription or
SNMP agent as the selection criteria, it puts all the 8260's in the same
collections. It does not care whether the boxes are in Poughkeepsie, Somers or
any where else for that matter. How can I set a colletion rule set that takes
the first letter of the host name as either ( p ) for Poughkeepsie ( s) for
endicott and the 8260 characters and sorts by that >>>>>>>>
Ziyad Choudhury
B 010 / 2D-03
522 South Rd.
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601