nv-l

Re: discovering a change in IP address

1999-06-18 07:59:06
Subject: Re: discovering a change in IP address
From: "Todd E. Lewis" <telewis AT PROVBANK DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 07:59:06 -0400
I'd rediscover if possible, or let the database delete the objects that appear
to be down for a specified period of time. I think the default is 7 days.

>>> Matt Ashfield <mda AT UNB DOT CA> 06/18 7:50 AM >>>
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good way to have NetView discover
nodes that have changed ip addresses. We are switching our network over to a
switched environment, and as such, are getting rid of many ip subnets and
putting them into 2 or 3 large ones...Basically, I have a lot of nodes that are
going to be changing their ip address. If they were unmanaged nodes, would this
change in ip address even be detected? What's my best approach?

Thanks

Matt
mda AT unb DOT ca