nv-l

Re: Discovery problems

1999-06-16 22:04:32
Subject: Re: Discovery problems
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 22:04:32 -0400
You cannot prevent their discovery. You can unmanage and hide them. All
interfaces configured on the node are discovered. This is a feature, and
is supposed to be a good thing.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark

2. I don't want netmon to discover one of the interfaces on a NT host.
Since it has a unique Class A (10.1.1.0) network address therefore also
netmon creates a segment node (called arpanet. I don't know why it
calls it that) on the main map for this 10.0.0.0 network. I follow the
following steps to remove it...
a. delete the segment node object from all maps
b. delete the interface node 10.1.1.1
c. ovstop netmon
d. ovtopofix -A
e. ovstart netmon

But as soon as I start netmon the segment node and the interface
address appear again. Where else do I have to delete these things..?

Kashif