nv-l

CW2000 and Netview integration: how do you install?

1999-06-16 10:32:41
Subject: CW2000 and Netview integration: how do you install?
From: Thierry Van Mol <thierry.van-mol AT CIEV.VD DOT CH>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:32:41 +0200
Hi all,

As I understood from previous post and Cisco documens:

- CW 2000 includes CWSI which itself includes a version of
  CiscoView

- CiscoView is the only part in all this which provides a kind of
  integration with Netview: icons and MIBS (and launch from Netview
  menus)

- for performance reason, it is recommended to install CW2000 on a
  separate machine

Now, if you do this, you still need to install CiscoView on the machine
which runs Netview, right? But reading the installation manual, I don't
seems to see that having the CW 2000 CD you can lauch the
installation of CiscoView only.

I am right, or did I miss something?

Many thanks in advance,

Thierry

Thierry Van Mol                            email: thierry.van-mol AT ciev.vd
DOT ch
Centre Informatique de l'Etat de Vaud      Tel: 41 (0) 21 316 27 05