nv-l

Re: Interface discovery

1999-06-14 11:25:07
Subject: Re: Interface discovery
From: Rob Rinear <robr AT DIRIGO DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 11:25:07 -0400
That's my understanding...to quote the Install & config guide, "When netmon
discovers a node, it discovers all IP addresses on the node, regardless of
whether those IP addresses lie outside the groups of nodes in the seed
file".  This does refer to initial discovery of the node, but I'd guess it
will follow the same pattern when new interfaces are discovered.  But, it
couldn't hurt to try a seedfile entry to exclude them and see what happens.