nv-l

Re: mlm

1999-06-14 06:31:34
Subject: Re: mlm
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 06:31:34 -0400
I think you would not be confused if you read the doc for NetView and MLM
for NT.

NetView for NT by itself cannot function as an MLM to UNIX, but NetView for
NT and MLM for NT in the  same box can.  Such a combination is called an
"attended MLM".  But it is the presence of MLM and not NetView which allows
the box to be an MLM.  An MLM for NT can function as an MLM reporting to
either NetView for NT or for UNIX.

Let me put it another way: an MLM is an MLM is an MLM.  Why is this so hard
for everyone to understand?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

ADAMCZYK Herbert <herbert.adamczyk AT IT-AUSTRIA DOT COM> on 06/14/99 05:02:25
AM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>