nv-l

Re: snmpwalk on NT (was: priorities)

1999-06-11 14:36:15
Subject: Re: snmpwalk on NT (was: priorities)
From: Xu He <xuhe AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 11:36:15 -0700
First thing to check is see if you can traceroute or
ping both interfaces on the NT Boxes.  If you can ping
it then you should be able to perform the walk on
those interfaces.  Have you try running snmpwalk
command manually against the interface?  If you can't
ping or traceroute to the device, check your host
files.  If the host file is fine, check the route
table on the Netview box that fails.  If gated is
running on the server, it may learn a different route
than the default one.  I am not sure the exact syntax
in Aix, but you can find them in the man page of
ROUTE. If you are fortunate enough to have access to a
sniffer, try trace the snmpwalk request, and see when
it fails.

Hope this helps.

===
Xu He