nv-l

Removing objects from the database

1999-06-09 12:44:09
Subject: Removing objects from the database
From: "Pretorius, Vynita" <VPretorius AT FNB.CO DOT ZA>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 18:44:09 +0200
Hi all

Please could you assist with the following problems:

Netview AIX 5.1 discovered a router but it did not have a name in the hosts
table
We then put the entry in the hosts table and did a demandpoll it discovered
another router with only one interface (loopback)and then we had two routers
with duplicate addresses
router one = the ip address first discovered
router two = with the loopback address as coded in the hosts table.

I then CUT ( from all submaps) and on every map, the occurrance of these
"two" routers.

However when I do an ovtopodump of the two routers only one exists and it is
router one.

How do I delete the object out of the database so that I can rediscover the
router and in future should I Delete the object instead of cutting it?
and how do I resolve duplicate ip addresses without deleting the objects?

I am also receiving an authentication trap - incorrect community But from my
Netview AIX box, how do I recitify this?

Thanks
Vynita