nv-l

Re: NETVIEW SERVER IP ADDRESS CHANGE

1999-06-08 14:45:51
Subject: Re: NETVIEW SERVER IP ADDRESS CHANGE
From: Lucy Premus <lpremus AT METLIFE DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 14:45:51 -0400

James, attached is a response you gave back in March with respect to what needs
to be done when changing the IP address of your NetView server.  In particular I
am concerned with the effect is has on the Tivoli Framework and what needs to be
done to rectifiy that.

Actually our situation is a little different.  Yes the address of the NetView
server is changing, however it changes weekly.  I'll explain.  We have 2 NetView
servers (axscnv1 and axscnv2).  A primary and a secondary.  Every week we copy
the NetView databases from the primary to the secondary and as part of the
process (within a script) we've been running the reset_ci command to reconcile
the address difference.  However, we haven't really needed to use the Tivoli
desktop capabilities, until now.  We are trying to configure our secondary
NetView system to forward events to our TMR server (on another system).  It
doesn't seem to be working and I have a hunch its due to the change of address
problem.  The reason I'm saying this is that when you bring up the desktop on
our secondary NetView system the policy region name refers to our primary system
(ie. axscnv1).  It seems that everything else associated with this references
axscnv1 instead of axscnv2.  For example the /var/spool/Tivoli/?????.db file on
the secondary system has axscnv1.db instead of axscnv2.db.

I'm a true rookie when it comes to the Tivoli framework stuff, so hopefully what
I'm saying makes some sense to you.  Any ideas???
Anyone feel free to respond.   Thanks.................Lucy
---------------------- Forwarded by Lucy Premus/Bsg/MetLife/US on 06/08/99 02:33
(Embedded image moved to file: pic03865.pcx)   Linda Parry
06/02/99 02:09 PM