nv-l

AW: netmon failing frequently

1999-06-07 05:35:00
Subject: AW: netmon failing frequently
From: Schiffinger Ralph 2100 <Ralph.Schiffinger AT ERSTEBANK DOT AT>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:35:00 +0200
Hi, Reggie.
For about half a year I was fighting exactly the same netmon-symptoms with
exactly your environment.
>From my experiences you are right:
1) There seems to be a problem (netmon is software and no software is without
bugs)
2) Be sure to fine-tune your /usr/OV/conf/ovsnmp.conf (Options - SNMP
Configuration)
3) Do not "overload" netmon
But there's still hope!
Since installing patch 5.1.1 about 6 weeks ago netmon behaves just fine...
Regards, Ralph.
iT-AUSTRIA / OE2100 / TK-NET
Tel  (mobil)  0664 1908469
Tel  (iT-A)    21717 58948
FAX (iT-A)    21717 58979
Mailto:Ralph.Schiffinger AT erstebank DOT at