nv-l

netmon failing frequently

1999-06-07 04:59:55
Subject: netmon failing frequently
From: "Rama, R. (Reggie)" <ReggieR AT NEDCOR.CO DOT ZA>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:59:55 +0200

Hello All

My environment is as follows :- RS6000/F50 , AIX 4.2.1.0 & TME10 NV 5.1.  My problem is that netmon dies whenever I execute a few demand polls simultaneously on a few routers. The error message logged into the netmon.trace file is "Node /Iface or memory allocation error in allocSnmpState - exiting."

Is this a known problem/bug or is it a case of fine tuning netmon or is it that the information being received from the routers is too much for netmon to process.

All assiatnce will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Reggie Rama
Nedcor IT