nv-l

Re: Messages are not making it to Netview events display.

1999-06-04 14:06:30
Subject: Re: Messages are not making it to Netview events display.
From: Mark Sklenarik <Mark_Sklenarik AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 14:06:30 -0400
If you stopped or shutdown Optivity than you will have to change
 nvtrapd-trap   412/udp   # Netview traps monitor trap port
back to
 nvtrapd-trap   162/udp   # Netview traps monitor trap port
in-order for trapd to get traps from remote agents.  You will have to
recycle trapd, which means you have to exit all NetView GUI's and recycle
basically all the deamons, since must depend on trapd.

If Optivity, is running, than 412 is the correct value for nvtrapd-trap.
The problem is within Optivity trap processor utility, (sorry do not know
the name of the Optivity processor of traps).

Thanks Mark Sklenarik
.
Tivoli NetView Product Integrity
.
Bldg 503, 4205 South Miami Blvd, Durham, NC 27709
Email: mark.sklenarik AT tivoli DOT com              Http: www.tivoli.com
Tele: (919)-543-3571   Tieline: 441-3571   Fax : (919)-543-2693

Steve Pirollo <spirollo AT SUNGARD DOT COM> on 06/04/99 01:01:01 PM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>