nv-l

Re: Hub gets deleted after sucessful snmp query??

1999-06-03 10:13:00
Subject: Re: Hub gets deleted after sucessful snmp query??
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz AT PRINCETON DOT EDU>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:13:00 -0400
FYI  I found the problem.   I had an idea it had something to do with
the physical address of the device snmp returned.  I looked at the
netmon options via the Netview Desktop pulldown options.  I read the
HELP on (Ignore source route bit in physical address) and it
specifically mentioned that if you had Cabletron devices to set this to
"YES".  That made everything work.

Thanks for all the help.  CASE CLOSED

Jeff Fitzwater
Princeton University