nv-l

OVDbCallbacks

1999-06-01 06:33:56
Subject: OVDbCallbacks
From: Marco Mommers <marco.mommers AT EUROCONTROL DOT BE>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 10:33:56 +0000
A colleague of me has the following question:

The Netview API (TME 10 NetView V5.1) makes it possible to register callbacks
for
events that occur
by means of OVwAddCallback.
Browsing through the /usr/OV/include/OV directory, I found ovw_obj.h that
contains another routine OVwDbAddCallback(). Also the corresponding list of
events is defined in this header file:

#define OVwDbCreatedObjects            1   /* An event for 1 or more objects */
#define OVwDbDeletedObjects            2
#define OVwDbObjChangedFields          3
#define OVwDbAllEvents

I assumed that it would be possible to use this as a means to register
callbacks that would act on database events. Several trials failed. Fact is
also that this database callback mechanism is not documented in the Programmers
reference or the Programmer's Guide...

Can any body help ?

- Marco Mommers                               -
-       Eurocontrol Maastricht UAC            -
-       Engineering division                  -
-       Horsterweg 11                         -
-       NL-6191RX Beek (l)a                   -
- Work : Phone : +31 (0)43 3661 376           -
-        Fax   : +31 (0)43 3661 300           -
-        email : marco.mommers AT eurocontrol DOT be -
- Home : Phone : +31 (0)43 3540 080           -
-        PC    : +31 (0)43 3540 041           -
-        email : mommers AT cobweb DOT nl            -