nv-l

Re: events showing up late in control desk (nvcorrd, nvserverd) THANKS J SHANKS

1999-05-20 09:47:34
Subject: Re: events showing up late in control desk (nvcorrd, nvserverd) THANKS J SHANKS
From: "Brook, Bryan S" <bryan.s.brook AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:47:34 -0400
This was the trick!  Netview got traps from a router that wasnt listed in
DNS.  Not only was it not listed (unresolvable) but no DNS server had
authority over that zone so the lookup hung.  We fixed the problem by adding
an empty zone file (now it no longer hangs) and have longer term plans to
have hostname resolutions for IP addresses on our network equipment.

Thanks to Jim Shanks (and everyone else who offered suggestions) who shaved
off many hours of work..

--Bryan