nv-l

Re: traps being processed

1999-05-19 12:42:32
Subject: Re: traps being processed
From: Jan Green <greenjan AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 09:42:32 -0700
James -

Thanks for the help.

trapd receives a trap, nvcorrd process it. nvcorrd can
process one trap per second. At Peak times, trapd is
receiving 80 traps per minute which puts nvcorrd 45
minutes behind and causes 2500 pages to be generated
on Sunday Morning due to an AT&T outage.

Of these 80 traps, 20 are Segment Down/Up/Marginal, 20
are Network Down/Up/Marginal, 20 are Node Up/Down and
20 are Interface Down/Up(the only ones I need).

I currently have 10 rulesets, all of which have the
"Purple Pizza" set to block. The next nodes are "Trap
Settings" which traps for specific traps(Interface
Down and Interface Up).

I wondered if there was a way to filter out the 60
traps I don't need so that NetView can spend it's time
processing the 20 traps I do?

Thanks

Jan