nv-l

Re: Copy database

1999-05-07 05:29:44
Subject: Re: Copy database
From: Steven Thornhill <Steven.Thornhill AT SOUTHERNELECTRIC.CO DOT UK>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 10:29:44 +0100

The quick method I use for our backup server is to tar the openview directory on
the live box, ftp it to the other machine and run reset_ci once it has been
expanded. ( I'm sure I should really use ovstop and ovstart at either end, but I
only use it on the backup server ) This method works okay for our system, but I
don't think it is the recommended way.

Steve T