nv-l

modifying object database values

1999-03-11 08:54:25
Subject: modifying object database values
From: OGrant <OGrant AT PEC DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 08:54:25 -0500
Hullo all -

Running Netview 5.1/NT - after reading through the programmer's guide (help
files), I was able to modify the object database to include a new field -
"isServer" (we're trying to add another level of detail to the object
database.)  Question becomes, how do I now modify values of the object
database without diving into the intricacies of c programming (as I'm lead
to believe in the programmers guide)?  Has anyone successfully modified
values of the object database in a (relatively) painless matter, say,
through a home-brewed utility?  On the other hand, perhaps the guide
mentions a simplier way that I just overlooked?

Many thanks,

Oliver M. Grant
Performance Engineering Corp.