nv-l

Re: rulesets

1999-03-03 08:43:46
Subject: Re: rulesets
From: James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 08:43:46 -0500
90 nodes?
It sounds way too big to me.  Just what are you trying to do with it?
How on earth do you intend to test something that complicated?

You may need a ruleset if you want to do event matching or keep some events
off the display while letting others of the same type through.  Merely
running a shell script as an automatic action in trapd.conf won't give you
that.

BTW, it is possible to combine shell scripts with your rulesets if you have
a script that is useful and does more than you can easily do using the
provided functions.  That's what actions and in-line actions are for.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Larry H <remlali AT HAREM.ERICSSON DOT SE> on 03/03/99 08:04:59 AM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.ucsb DOT edu>