nv-l

Re: Netview Web Server v.5.1 doesn't work

1999-03-01 05:36:14
Subject: Re: Netview Web Server v.5.1 doesn't work
From: Vladimir Petr <petr AT DATASYS DOT CZ>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:36:14 +0100
Hello, Annamaria;
I often see this problem. This does not mean, however, that the problem
is on the web server's side. For instance, if I am using Netscape 4.5 I
get the same error. When using MS IE 4 from the same station it works
fine. Moreover, Netscape 4.5 works fine from another machine with the
same OS (NT). You may try to run the web interface form another machine
to see if the problem is on the server side or on the browser's.

So, you may try to clear Netscape's caches and restart it. Check if Java
is enabled in the preferences. Also, make sure the web server is running
(does not start by ovstart - run nvwebstart - nor shuts down by ovstop -
run nvwebstop). And open a map in read-write mode on the server.

HTH,
Best regards,
Vladimir.