nv-l

Re: MLM usage

1999-02-27 11:14:48
Subject: Re: MLM usage
From: Tim Johnson <ttjohns AT IBM DOT NET>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 16:14:48 +0000
Niko,
        As you know from your days with us here at Natwest, we use MLM's that
are
sited within our Computer Centres to poll devices that are in our banking
branches without any problems. I think IBM put this 'same subnet' stuff in
the manual because it is better to do the polling nearer to the devices,
but hey we can't all afford 1000's of systems just to run MLM's.

Tim Johnson