nv-l

Re: Optivity/ATM switch bug

1999-02-26 15:22:59
Subject: Re: Optivity/ATM switch bug
From: David Easter <David_Easter AT BAYNETWORKS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 15:22:59 -0500
All,

Just FYI, I've seen no official recoginition of this issue internally at Nortel Networks. This may have been an isolated incident or a product of an environmental issue.

Expanded View does an "SNMP Get" to obtain status of a port. Since thousands, if not millions, of SNMP gets are done to the 3.2.2 MCP every day - and we're not getting any other reports of every instance of Expanded View crashing a switch - I would classify this as an isolated incident. If other are seeing this, I'd strongly recommend calling the TSC to confirm and get a CR opened against the issue!

As for fault_correlator_filter, it does work - done it many times myself. No real magic - just run the script and the startup flags for the trap_server will be modified. Since it's just a script, you can look through it and try the steps manually if you think the script itself is failing.

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager - Optivity NMS, Network & IP Services Management Division
Bay Networks/Nortel Networks - How the world shares ideas.

-=-REgarding-=-