nv-l

Upgrade from framework3.2 and nv5.0

1999-02-26 11:39:47
Subject: Upgrade from framework3.2 and nv5.0
From: David Barrett <David.S.Barrett AT BANKAMERICA DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:39:47 -0800
OK, The truth please...

I am currently using FrameWork 3.2 and Netview 5.0 on AIX 4.3.1 - I also
have some 3rd party software loaded after the Netview load (ciscoworks,
ciscoview, and spma (cabletron)).

I realize that I need to upgrade to Framework 3.6 and Netview 5.1

My questions are;

1) Should I wait for Netview 5.1.1?

2) Reviewing the release notes for Framework 3.6, the process looks pretty
simple, is it as easy as advertised?

2a) As the manual kind of weaves back and forth, has anyone done this
before that can give me any pointers to avoid any problems?

3) Reviewing the release notes for Netview 5.1 also looks pretty painless.
Is it?

4) Is the correct procedure -
     Do the Netview deinstall piece
     then upgrade the Framework
     then install new Netview 5.1?

Any help or prior experiences would help.